Sunday, July 19, 2009

Reminisce The Days in London - Part 8: All By Myself

It's another brand new day again. The 4th day we stepped foot in London. This day, I was traveling alone as my companion was engaged in a conference whole day.

After accompanied him to Middlesex University Hendon Campus, I was ready to proceed to other tourism spots nearby the neighborhood.

Stepping out from Colindale tube station, you still need to walk quite a distance to reach Royal Airforce Museum (RAF Museum). Thanks to all the signboard available by the road side I could safely reach my destination.

Here's the building of RAF Museum. It was drizzling softly and I was searching for the entrance and I finally, found it here.
Aeroplanes on display outside the entrance.


There are ships too.
Some of the aeroplane on display (real planes). There are very huge area to cater place for all these planes. Never seen so many different kind of aeroplanes in my life before. Really eye opening.



BEWARE!! Bomb!

Torpedo.
The control of the jet. So sophisticated!

A demo of the aeroplane's control. Each button is explained on the information board. Very educational!~
Fully-equiped pilot on seat.
This one resembles one of the jet in TRANSFORMER. :D

A proof that I have been to RAF Museum. So tough to take self potrait without a tripod. (my hand too short :P)

Another hall exhibits the jetfighters during World War II.

Next destination is the Kingwood House. Got to know about this place when researching about London through the internet. One of the must-see venue as mentioned in the site.
I was unsure which bus stop to halt the bus and I ended up at Brent Cross shopping mall. The final stop!

Interesting notice board. 100 pounds per hour!! ( RM600 per hour). Therefore don't simply park your car there.Neighborhood around the area.
Many different fruits (a lot not available in Malaysia) for sale. So fresh!
Finally reached Kenwood House.I was so surprised that I need to take this path to reach Kenwood House. Kinda scary as I couldn't see where the path lead to.
It was drizzling and windy. I was cold and frightened! Not a soul was around.

After a short walk, what a good relief! I saw the house.
The front scenery from the house entrance.

The left scenery. The path which I came from.

The path at the right.Me at the entrance. Due to no photography is allowed indoor, no photos were taken. The house is very spacious and full of expensive paintings. Each painting has a story to tell and all is well-explained at the pamphlet next to each painting. The architecture and the furniture in the house is worth to mention too.

Jack Straws Castle. A unique building I saw when on the way back on a bus from Kenwood House.

No comments:

Post a Comment