Sunday, August 9, 2009

Got my International Driving Permit Ready!! ^ ^

Early in the Friday, I went to JPJ located at Jalan Kuching-Serian to apply for the International Driving Permit. The office was located at Blok B. By filling up a form, with the documents brought ( photocopy IC, photocopy driving license and 2 passport size photo and RM150), the whole process can be done smoothly. Waited for about 10 minutes, my International Driving license was then ready. :D

RM150 for 1 year is quite expensive... more expensive then applying for an international passport. Well, for the sake of convenience to travel at Jeju Island later, this license is needed. Yoohooo... let's enjoy the Jeju trip.

Now I am legal to drive at any country listed in the license.


It's a book.

This document is crucial for renting car abroad

3 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats for getting INT Driving Permit.

Thanks,
Learners permit

Haqiqi said...

Do you have to surrender your local driving license/permit? I probably read this somewhere saying that ones cant hold two different driving license at one time. Appreciate your reply, thanks

Unknown said...

Hi, im going to drive at Germany and the rental company ask for the license translation in to german language and certified at germany embassy. But unfortunately sabah, kk dun have Germany embassy. So I ask can I use idp? And they need me to send a copy which mentioned Malaysia idp approval malaysian drive at Germany. Because of im not sure whether can use ornot the idp, so I not dare to apply cos the fee not cheap to me. What I wish is, can u send me a sample of the page(in eng version) which mentioned our malaysian can drive at Germany prove so that I can confirm from the car rental company at germany? Please.....

Post a Comment